Saturday, January 31, 2009

Set the Date

So, my mom recently got a new job across the state. I am very proud of her and I know it's an absolutely great experience, BUT now they are leaving me on this side. They have officially set the date for the move and as I write this my mom is packing up our house.

There is a big difference between your child going off to college and leaving the nest, and your parents leaving you. I won't say abandoning me, because that is definitely not what they are doing. I have a very large part of my extended family that lives here and my sister is staying here. It isn't even a permanent situation yet. As of right now, it is only until June and then we will know what we are going to do for sure.

It stresses me out, because I guess I don't really like change. Which my sister pointed out for me yesterday at lunch. I have never really noticed it about myself.  I think I worry that I won't see them as much, which I don't think is possible. I have an insanely busy life with work, school, friends, boyfriend, studying, etc. This will force me to actually make plans to see them, which is a great thing.  

I'm also worried, because I have a new little, one year old, black cat named Halle. Well, the person I will be living with is allergic to cats and I don't know what I'm going to do with her. I guess she will just have to become an outside cat, but that worries me because she is currently an inside cat in a neighborhood and if we move she will have to become an outside cat off a busy road. I would be so upset if anything happened to her. 

I think that this move is going to be okay, but right now it just feels stressful and everything is so unsure. I like to know what is going to happen, I like to have a plan. I guess this is just going to teach me to deal with change and deal with not being able to know exactly what is going to happen. We'll see how it goes.. 

2 comments:

  1. I love you and never want to be away from you. I'm sorry that this decision has added stress to your already stressful life. There must be so many life lessons to learn. I wonder what they are? Let's tell each other each time a new life lesson happens. Maybe that will make the separation bearable.
    Oh... Halle is outside terriorizing the neighborhood. I think she'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete