Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life Lessons

So, mom came up with this great idea to tell each other the life lessons we learn through the new separation.  Since we have never lived away from each other I'm sure there will be a lot of them. 

I think the first one I learned was that I don't really like change. I think that really helped me. [Thanks, Sister!] I have never wanted to be the kind of person that gets stuck in a rut, or that can not accept anything changing around them.  I think that realizing that flaw in myself has already helped me to change it. 

I am just going to go with the flow and accept each day one at a time. Nothing is permanent in life and everything can be changed. This will be a way to find out how well I can manage on my own. Which, is something that everyone learns eventually. I think I am ready for the task. I am a fairly independent person, so this shouldn't be too hard for me. I hope. 

Once again I want to say how proud I am of my mom. She is moving across the state and starting something completely new. I admire her greatly. 

I think that drastic changes in your life are really good. They keep you out of that rut! ;]

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited and anxious about the move and separation. Ironically, I'm learning that I don't like change as much as I thought I did. I need my people near me, and even though I want my children to be independent and self-satisfied, I need them to need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like change either. Debbie, the truth-teller taught me that in college even though I didn't want to hear it. I've embraced it about myself & it still rears its ugly head today even though I try to work through it. Huge changes are scary but everything happens for a reason & you never know what will come out of it! Sorry about Halle, I'd take her but we're allergic too. I'm sure Scott would have loved to tell people Halle Berry was living in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're blogging! We're starting a blogging revolution!

    The door at this house is wide open for snacks, tv watching, dinners, sittin' around, shooting people, (Imaginary, of course, in Bill's violent Wii and Nintendo games), and anything and everything you and baby sis's little heart desires. I'm serious about that.

    It is kind of funny, you know. Some of us ladies are late bloomers. You kids are supposed to be the ones spreading your wings to fly. Now we can all fly together.

    It's all going to be fine. You'll see. Your folks and the big T will leave, O will leave and we will stay, a little bit heartbroken for it. Eventually we will all find paths that veer away from each other, but always, always those paths will find their way home. In the meantime, we can be brave for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin and I hate change too; I think it runs in the blood! :) I dont know what I would do if I was that far from my Ma! I'm only 30 minutes from her now and that seems like hours and hours. Be strong!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't extended family wonderful! We are so blessed! Olivia will be welcomed at our house anytime, with or without warning! We can offer most of the same amenities... not sure about the violent games...Thomas probably has something she would enjoy. ; )

    Love is a many splendored thing
    It's the April rose that only grows in the early spring
    Love is nature's way of giving a reason to be living

    February 7, 2009 5:08 PM

    ReplyDelete